Eligibility Criteria for Students requiring a Residence Permit in Sweden
To be eligible for Residence Permit in Sweden to pursue an educational course you require the following things:
- You must be admitted to a full-time accredited university for study in Sweden.
- You must have paid the first instalment of the tuition fees for your course of study.
- You must have valid supporting documentation to support your residence permit application.
- You must have a valid passport with a validity of minimum six months
- You must possess letter of admission from the university that has offered you admission in its course of study
- You must provide proof of your financial support so as to support yourself financially during the course of your study in Sweden
In case you are to stay in Sweden for a period of less than one year, you must have comprehensive health insurance and will need to provide its proof
- You must fully intend to leave Sweden at the end of your course of study
Steps to follow to apply for Sweden Residence Permit
After you become secure with your qualification to apply for a Sweden student visa or living arrangement grant and you are in control of the required records, you can proceed with the following system:
Step 1: Fill out your application form
Fill out the application form. You can apply online. You will require filling up the application form with details about yourself and your studies. In case your family accompanies you to Sweden you can apply for their permits in your online application form. Enclose the necessary documents with your application form.
Step 2: Pay the application fee
You have to pay an application charge for preparing your application. On the off chance that you apply on the web, you can pay your application charge with a charge or Mastercard. On the off chance that you are applying at a government office or office general, you will be required to pay the expense when you turn in your application. For legitimate data about the expense, contact the international safe haven or office general where you are applying, as they don’t have indistinguishable charges and terms of installment from the Migration Board.
Step 3: Wait for the Migration Board to process the application
In the event that you apply on the web, the Migration Board will begin deal with your application structure. It is important to fill in every one of the subtleties effectively and incorporate all the vital archives for smooth preparing of your application structure. Be that as it may, the Swedish Migration Board may explore your application further, even after you have given all the vital subtleties and records
Step 4: Visit the Embassy or Consulate-General for Student Visa Sweden
You will be required to visit the Swedish Embassy or Consulate general to be shot and fingerprinted. You should contact the international Embassy or Consulate general before you visit them. You can reach them fundamentally through email.In case you don’t require a section visa, you can head out to Sweden without a resident permit grant card. In any case, you will be required to demonstrate a choice from the Migration Board to enter Sweden. In such a case you are not required to go to the Swedish international Embassy to get your resident permit license card. Rather, you can turn in the documentation for a resident permit grant card to the Migration Board once you touch base in Sweden.
Step 5: Receive the Embassy’s decision for Student Visa Sweden
You will get an email information you that a choice has been made with respect to your application. When you get the email you have to contact the international embassy or consulate-general to get your choice and book an appointment for this reason. Make sure to carry your passport alongside you when you come to gather your choice. A few international embassy or consulate-general may send the choice and resident permit grant card by post. You have to contact the embassy or consulate-general for more data with respect to this.
To apply online for Sweden Residence Permit
In case you are applying online for a Swedish residence permit, you need to do the following:
- You will be required to have paid a portion of your tuition fees to the concerned university or educational institute
- You will be required to have a valid email address
- You need to be able to pay the application fee through a VISA or Mastercard / Eurocard
- You will need to scan the documents that you are required to attach with your application form
Dos and Don’ts for Sweden Student Visa or Residence Permit Application
Remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for Swedish Student Visa or Residence Permit:
- Bring all original documents with you at the time of submitting the application at the Swedish Embassy.
- Remember to extend the validity of your passport in case it is about to expire. Remain aware that you can obtain a residence permit for a period of time that is not longer than your passport’s period of validity.
- As the application process for residence permits can be lengthy, you should apply as soon as you have received your notification of admission.
- Do not submit any false documents in support of your application
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your application form
If you want further assistance DMI Study Abroad & Immigration Consultants