Australia officially the Commonwealth of Australia, is a sovereign country comprising the mainland of the Australian continent, the island of Tasmania and numerous smaller islands. It is the largest country in Oceania and the world’s sixth-largest country by total area. The neighbouring countries are Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and East Timor to the north; the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu to the north-east; and New Zealand to the south-east. Australia’s capital is Canberra, and its largest urban area is Sydney.Australia has top rank colleges and universities.
- Australian Technology Network – technology-focused universities that mostly originated as institutes of technology.
- Group of Eight – top-ranked Australian research-focused universities.
- Innovative Research Universities Australia
- Regional Universities Network – a group of regional universities.
- Open Universities Australia – a group of universities that offer distance education courses as part of a common platform.
- Sandstone Universities – an unofficial group of Australia’s oldest universities.
- Verdant universities – an informal group of Australian universities founded in the 1960s and 70s.
- Australian-European Network/Utrecht Network – a network of 7 Australian universities and 31 European universities who cooperate on student exchange programs.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities – represents 535 universities from 37 Commonwealth countries, Australian universities are members of this group.
- NUW Alliance – the University of Newcastle, the University of New South Wales, the University of Wollongong
Leave a Reply